Cambridge Sex Therapy
Childhood sexual abuse, sexual trauma and assault are depressingly common.
They can cause a range of difficulties that might include some of the following:
- avoiding or being frightened of sex
- approaching sex as an obligation
- experiencing negative feelings such as anger, disgust, or guilt with touch
- having difficulty becoming aroused or feeling sensation
- feeling emotionally distant or not present during sex
- experiencing intrusive or disturbing sexual thoughts and images
- engaging in compulsive or inappropriate sexual behaviors
- experiencing difficulty establishing or maintaining an intimate relationship
- experiencing vaginal pain or orgasmic difficulties
- experiencing erectile or ejaculatory difficulties
Sexual healing can be achieved with psychotherapy that also uses EMDR, a way of working with a strong evidence base for resolving trauma and adverse experiences in a relatively short period of time. Pam is a qualified EMDR therapist.
Sexual Trauma and Abuse